- 1. Introduction
- 2. Our Mission
- 3. Humans at the core
- 4. We ARRR
- 5. Our guiding principles
- 5.1 Leadership is defined by followership.
- 5.2 Everybody is an owner. Owners take responsibility.
- 5.3 Working backwards from the customer’s needs.
- 5.4 Speed is almost always more important.
- 5.5 Information should be available to everyone by default.
- 5.6 Anyone can always instigate change.
- 5.7 Disagree and commit.
- 5.8 Decisions are temporary.
- 5.9 Work is not a place or time, it’s something you do.
- 5.10 Results count. Process matters.
- 5.11 Machines are great assistants.
- 5.12 There must be a better way.
- 5.13 Achieve more with less.
- 5.14 Work is not the most important thing in life.
The idea for PIRATE Summit was born in 2010.
We wanted to organize a conference that we as founders would love to attend ourselves. In order to create the right atmosphere we established house rules:
1) First name,
2) VIP = everyone,
3) No BS,
4) Give Give Give Ask,
To this day, these are still the house rules for all our own events. They give insight into what matters to us.
Similarly, we created PIRATE with the idea to create a workplace we’d love to work at. Values – when they feel right – don’t change when the context changes. Therefore, our core values are similar to our house rules.